How Do You Wear Summer Clothes in the Fall?
by Allison Oliverius on Sep 11, 2023
As summer fades, you might be wondering, how do you wear your favorite summer clothes in autumn? Don’t worry. When adventure calls this fall, Vapor Apparel has you covered! Now’s the time to discover the versatility of your favorite Vapor Apparel technical fabrics and check out our top tips for how to wear summer clothes in the fall!
How Do You Wear Summer Clothes in the Fall?
From relying on technical fabrics to layering, here are our favorite tips for how to make the most of your summer wardrobe all year long.
1. Embrace Technical Fabrics
Technical fabrics are game-changers when it comes to transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall and even into winter. These fabrics are designed to regulate temperature, wick moisture, and provide comfort in various weather conditions. Here are some performance fabrics to consider:
- Breathable Fabrics: Breathable polyester is designed to thermo regulate. The same technology that keeps you cool in summer also keeps you warm in the fall and winter. Our lightweight Solar Long Sleeve Shirts are the perfect base layer.
- Moisture-Wicking Fabrics: These fabrics, often used in activewear, are great for transitional seasons. They keep you dry by moving sweat away from your body, making them suitable for layering under other clothing items.
- Quick-Drying Fabrics: Wet clothing can chafe, irritate, and weigh you down. Base layers that dry quickly help you maintain your comfort and mobility during fall activities like hiking, biking, tailgating, and more. They’re also great to wear during your favorite winter activities like skiing, hiking, or snowboarding. Our technical fabrics, including our Sunwear and 365 Elemental Wear Collections, dry quickly for ultimate comfort during all your favorite activities.
2. Layering Is Key
One of the fundamental principles of transitioning summer clothes to fall is layering. By strategically adding layers, you can extend the life of your summer staples and stay comfortable as the weather fluctuates. Here's how to do it:
- Shirts: Our short-sleeves, tanks and lightweight long sleeves are all lightweight summer shirts that can easily transition to fall by layering them under mid-weight hoodies, quarter-zips and full-zips. Opt for neutral colors that complement your summer pieces for a cohesive look.
- Shorts: Don't pack away your shorts just yet. Guys, combine them with Delta Leggings to keep your legs warm and stylish.
- Leggings: Leggings are a versatile piece that can work year-round. Ladies, pair our Mesa Leggings with Sherpa Fleece pullovers for a stylish fall ensemble.
- Sherpa Fleece: Speaking of fleece, our 100% recycled fiber Sherpa fleece is a fantastic option for fall and winter. It's incredibly soft and insulating, making it an ideal choice for your outer layer.
3. Accessorize Smartly
Accessories can play a significant role in transitioning your summer clothes to fall. Here are some accessories to consider:
Hats: A cute Beanie not only keeps your head warm but also adds a touch of autumn flair to your look. We'll be restocking these soon. Check back!
4. Invest in Versatile Outerwear
The American Hiking Society says there are three basic layers for hiking: your base layer, a mid-weight second layer, and a versatile outer layer.
When it comes to that outer layer, look for options that can be layered over various outfits and that suit your personal style. Our Headwind Sherpa Pullovers and Hoodies are popular choices.
Why Are Quick-Drying Fabrics Important in Fall and Winter?
We know why lightweight, quick-drying Solar Shirts are important in the summer – to provide UPF 50+ sun protection. But why are they also so important in fall and winter? Overall, quick-drying base layer fabrics are crucial for keeping you warm, dry, and comfortable in winter, enhancing your overall outdoor experience and safety.
- Moisture Management: In cold weather, your body can still sweat during physical activities or when you're bundled up in multiple layers. Quick-drying fabrics help wick moisture away from your skin, preventing it from becoming wet and cold, which can lead to discomfort and even hypothermia.
- Temperature Regulation: Wet clothing in cold conditions can lower your body temperature rapidly. Quick-drying base layers help regulate your body temperature by keeping you dry, allowing you to stay warm and comfortable.
- Reduced Odor: Sweating in winter clothing can lead to odor buildup, especially if the moisture lingers. Quick-drying fabrics minimize the time moisture is in contact with your skin, reducing the chances of unpleasant odors.
- Comfort and Performance: Wet clothing can chafe, irritate, and weigh you down. Quick-drying base layers maintain your comfort and mobility during winter activities like skiing, hiking, or snowboarding.
Versatility: Quick-drying base layers are not only beneficial in cold weather but can also be used year-round. They work well as a moisture-wicking layer in various outdoor activities, making them versatile additions to your wardrobe.
Why Do You Need Sun Protection in the Fall?
Protecting your skin from sunburn is important even in fall. Even when in the fall when the weather cools off, UV rays can still cause damage to exposed skin. Especially when you’re on the water or in higher altitudes. Our UPF 50+ Sunwear and Elemental Wear Collections are built to protect you year-round so you can always Seize the Ray. They're also recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation, so you know they're products you can trust.
- Trucker Hats: Our durable twill truckers keep the sun off your face and pair well with an Eco Sol or Oasis Hoodie. https://vaporapparel.com/products/sunset-horizon-trucker-hat-grey-white
Refraction Performance Cap: Blocks the sun, repels the rain, and wicks away moisture so you can keep the adventure going. https://vaporapparel.com/products/refraction-performance-cap?_pos=2&_fid=e4bce1acc&_ss=c
You're Going to Fall in Love with Our Year-Round Activewear
As the leaves start to change and the temperatures drop, it’s time to welcome the cozy layers of fall. That doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to your favorite summer pieces. We hope we gave you a few ideas for how to wear summer clothes in the fall and beyond.